After initially working with tarballs, it turned out easier to work with Subversion: update fixes, see the diffs of new releases with my installed version to judge the impact etc.
The page is used to track progress and issues while implementing Prestashop (PS) at voixlibres.org/shop1 and voixlibres.org/shop2.
Last update: 1.May'09 tests on SVN 801.
Issues to solve soon
- Multiple currencies disabled for now:
Paypal payment OK for non-default currency, but client receives "Erreur de paiement" email
And in Back Office >> Orders, one sees Status=Payment Error, "Warning: 33 € paid instead of 53 € !"
- decimals missing from ‘New Order’ email. VL 001040
- Deleting test orders (see also the attached SQL stored procedure at the bottom; statistics are not yet cleaned though)
- Bullets in CMS pages like delivery, legal, term & conditions, delivery etc. are not nice. Since they have no unique div, CSS cannot be tweaked either. Bug acknowledged, but no fix yet?
- Bug tracker: Notification pf comments
- Category Carousel
Flash-based, not tried yet:
Issues: low priority
- Test Shop SVN: cash on delivery module being ignored
- Editorial: change it to save logo and xml outside of /modules
- Send email when new user registers
- Invoice column not always aligned correctly, e.g. VL Nr.001018
- Status graphs: only today
- Integration into Accounting system?
- Investigate: is there a log of all key events: user mgt, transactions, order status change, errors show to the user?
- 3 digit Currency name misaligned in the header
- profil shopadmin: "ajouter les permissions 'suivi."
- Improve donations products,
- "Envoyer à un ami": spam: could be used to generate spam by bots?
- Cannot easily order more than one article, quantity field is a "+/-" button:
- useability improvement: add order preview as a final step
- Paypal sandbox would not work for me (productive paypal is fine too)
- Zero transport costs if downloadable and physical products are mixed! (fix to isVirtualCart() pending? )
- Create a common base class for shared settings/functions
- Design: category.php should use Product object and not do sql joins to get product data
- Order change in backoffice: removing an items does not update totals?
-- This is a feature, not a bug.
- Total wrong in ‘New Order’ email, for non-default currency.
e.g. for VL Inv 001016 has total & payment 114,30€ paid instead of 185,19€.
Fix verified in SVN 801.
Patch submitted for modules/mailalerts/mailalerts.php :
--> patch necessity not yet verified.
Probably related: "Paypal: mail alert prices"
Probably related: Invoice wrong when several currencies enabled?
- Hide "items in stock" number for downloadable products [See also attached patch]
- Paypal: why does customer always pay in default currency?
- SVN upgrade procedure - for DB changes
- Upgrade option is greyed out
- After db restore accents not displayed correctly
- Patch submitted/feature request: Nicer bullets on the home page (global.css)
- Zero transport costs if downloadable and physical products are mixed!
- Move the 'My Account' block from left to right.
- Make first order number a parameter, not “1”
ALTER TABLE ps2_orders AUTO_INCREMENT =1000;
- Patch accepted: French translation “produit en stock”
- Cannot order: merci de remplir tous les champs requis, please fill all required fields
- catégorie. http://www.psfrance.org/forums/showthread.php?p=3296
- Contact form: http://www.prestashop.com/bug_tracker/view/1180/
- Register the site with google:
Back Office >> Modules >> Google sitemap v1.0>> Update Sitemap file
http://www.firephp.org/ http://xdebug.org/docs/install /classes/MySQL.php
Features missing that would be nice
- back office ordering
- Swiss post: more dynamic module?: http://www.swisspost.ch/en/index/uk-geschaeftskunden/pm_versand_inland_…
- History of currency updates?
- Swiss Datatrans payment:
- Multiple shops
Modules to try sometime
- PAYBOX France http://www.creation-shop.ch/module-paybox.html
- Offline Credit Card Module
- PostFinance http://www.creation-shop.ch/module-postfinance.html
Postfinance is apparently expensive, 5.5% commission + monthly fee?
- Google Checkout: only US or UK merchants so far
- Module lists:
- Add stuff
- Commercial modules: PSE Terminator (for deleting), PSE Livezilla (chat)
- Analyse Credit Card option more (only Paypal used for the moment)
EuroInformation (CIC/Crédit Mutuel/OBC)
- CVE-2008-5791 vulnerabilities in PrestaShop prior to v1.1 Beta 2
- Forums: www.psfrance.org
- Subversion repository: svn.prestashop.com/trunk
- PS vs Magento
- Template sites
- The Prestashop company, Commercial offerings etc.
As I work with Subversion (SVN), the procedure I follow is as follows. As one can see upgrading with SVN release is not trivial, so consider using final releases where possible (even with SVN).
- Set up a development machine and test there first!
- Check out a new copy of the PS trunk.
- Make a list of each file changed in the previous tree (e.g. Tortoise SVN >> Check for modifications)
- For each file modified, copy over to the new tree, but rename the file to be replace with file.orig (actually check all files you change into RCS to allow tracking without affecting SVN)
- For each file modified, do an SVN diff to review changes.
- Copy over non versioned files (e.g. images added)
- Copy over config/settings.inc
- Status 14.2.09:
Version 184.108.40.206: Prod SVN revision 298/9.Jan.09, Dev SVN 463/10.Feb.09 (see SQL upgrade script attached below)
- Read the SVN log of changes since the last upgrade, take note of any major changes such as DB or compatibility issues.
svn log -r 298:463|more
svn diff -r 298:463 CHANGELOG
- Copy over the DB (if on a different machine), lets assume the DB is called vl2, with user prestashop, password PASS:
mysql create database vl2
mysql vl< prod_backup.sql # DB backup
grant all on vl2.* to prestashop identified by 'PASS';
- Check file permissions
cd /var/www/shop1 # assume we install in this dir
chown -R boran * . # assume we work as "boran", apache runs as group "www-data"
chgrp -R www-data .
chmod -R g+rx * .htaccess
chmod 755 .
chmod -R g+rwx img mails modules themes/prestashop/lang translations upload download
chmod g+w config upload download tools/smarty/compile/ sitemap.xml config/settings.inc.php
chmod -R a+rwx img # don't know why but regenerate would not work otherwise
- Database upgrade: for each of the follows SQL files, the changes will have to be detected, then an SQL upgrade script built (e.g. using Tortoise SVN + diff + highlighting).
- Check for changes to the sql upgrade file:
svn diff -r 298:463 install-dev/sql/upgrade| more
- Then double check that the upgrade file is complete by diff'ing the DB structure, required content and optional content [I found changes in db_settings* for example, that were not reflected in the upgrade file]:
svn diff -r 298:463 db.sql | more
svn diff -r 298:463 db_settings_extends.sql |more
svn diff -r 298:463 db_settings_lite.sql |more
- Check for changes to the sql upgrade file:
- Tuning that may be needed for the upgraded shop:
# disable friendly URLs on development system, Regenerate thumbnails, maybe change the theme is needed, switch paypal to sandbox mode
Back Office >> Preferences
Back Office >> Preferences >> Image >> Regenerate thumbnails
Back Office >> Preferences >> Apparence >> Teme >> Vl
Back Office >> Payment >> Paypal > Sand box mode
# Maybe change emails alerts:
Back Office >> Modules >> Mail alerts
Back Office >> Employees >> Contacts
Back Office >> Preferences >> Contact >> Shop Email
# Add TEST to the shop name if needed:
Back Office >> Preferences >> Contact >> Shop name